Thursday, February 18, 2016

13.) Pride and Prejudice and Zombies [2/16/2016]

I was prepared to hate watch what I was assuming would be another Sucker Punch: a vehicle solely for watching scantily clad women fight like ninjas.  Blessedly, no one danced people into a trance to fight in their dreams (am I remembering the plot right?).  Instead, P&P&Z tried it's hardest to stick to the aesthetic of the original Austen novel, which I have admittedly never read so that previous claim is a bit of an assumption.  They took the original story of love, independence, and gender roles and grafted zombies onto the plot points, which was more clever than I thought it could be.  In the end, it was more fun than I expected to have and I walked out having enjoyed myself.  It didn't hurt that Matt Smith was in it, charming as ever.  All in all, I would suggest this movie if someone were looking for a decent pop-corn flick.

No comments:

Post a Comment