Monday, September 5, 2016

58.) Bad Moms [8/27/2016]

I really liked Mila Kunis in Black Swan, and thought that her career might take her in bold new directions. But after Jupiter Ascending and now Bad Moms, I am not sure she has it in her to carry a feature length film.

Or maybe she is good in good movies, and not good in terrible movies. And this movie was terrible. It was one slow-motion montage scene after another until a bunch of characters I didn't like stopped doing things I didn't care about. I guess lessons were learned, but, again, I didn't care. Furthermore, the writers (the same team behind The Hangover) clearly have no idea what it's like to be a woman, a mother, or a member of a PTA.

I was expecting a stupid movie, but this was terrible. It lacked the cohesive cast from The Hangover and the writer's inherent knowledge of a men's drunken, debaucherous weekend. The only scene in the whole movie worth watching came at the end-credits scene where the central actors talked with their real-life moms about their own childhood. Those snippets were endearing and funny, and could have made for a great movie. Instead, we were left with a hot mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment